Thursday, July 05, 2012

Look who's home!!!


Last month I wrote about how Spaz had gone missing. Not too long after that, we lost Max. I have felt like such a horrible owner~ but I also know that there is nothing I could have done to change either outcome. The thing with cats is that you cannot lock them up, you can't keep them on a leash. They are wonderful because they are so independent. They like to do their own thing.

But I'm really happy to share today that Spaz's story has a happy ending!!

I was at work yesterday when I got a call from a vet clinic in the same area as our old house. I went there once so I thought they just wanted to update some details. Then the lady told me something I was not expecting. A girl tortie that had just been bought in has a microchip registered to me. At this point I squealed quite loudly and started blathering thank you's.

Long story short: she had been found about 4 weeks ago, very skinny. She wasn't too far from our new place, but far enough to be lost. A youngish girl found her and fed her for a couple of weeks, but when she couldn't keep her any more one of her friends took her home. The mother of this girl said that they couldn't keep her so were going to take her to the SPCA but thought they would take her to the vet down the road just to check. And that's when I got the call.

I still can't believe it. Spaz was dropped off by a lovely lady from the clinic yesterday evening. She is still a bit skiddish and cautious but she has been through quite an adventure so I'm not surprised she is unsettled. She wasn't too impressed to see Tillie & Zeus but she is being kept alone inside during the day so she will have time to relax and get re-acquainted with the house.

I am so incredibly thankful that my baby girl has come home to me. I missed her so much, especially after the loss of Max. This time when she (eventually) goes outside, I will be trying all the old wives tales like putting butter on her paws, to try and ensure she doesn't run away again. 

Rhiannon xxoxx

5 comments:

  1. yippeeee for a happy ending. So excited for you and doing a happy dance!! Sometimes things just work out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I really couldn't (and still can't) believe it! =D

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness, she's a lucky wee thing.
    Microchipping, best idea ever Y/Y?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO glad you got her back! I hope she settles down soon. :)

    ReplyDelete