Friday, April 12, 2013

Fungi Fun

I have been in a funk recently. With my art and life in general. Not having a 9 - 5 job can play havoc with your emotions, especially when you deal with depression daily. However I read something that rang true, just when I needed it.

Do the work

So simple; I know. But it seemed that I needed to read it to believe it at that point. So that's what I did. I got my desk tidied up and ready for a day of painting. Refilled all my water jars, cut up some watercolour paper to size, did some rough warm up sketches and put some new music on.


At 5.30pm I had finished the octopus I had started a week ago, and three new fungi paintings. I felt so relieved and proud of myself. It gave me a big boost of confidence and I am happy to share the final pieces.

A new 5x7" fungi study. Adding my own whimsical colour scheme and details. Up in the store soon #forsake #watercolor #fungi #mushrooms #nature #creative #painting

All three of the fungi watercolour pieces are 5" x 7" and will be listed in my Etsy store today for USD$35 each. Prints will be ordered soon as well so if you miss out on the originals, don't worry :)

Fungi

-Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment